The Engagement

I could not have asked for a bigger surprise. Dusty really is the most thoughtful person I have ever met. He's always doing little things for me that are truly thoughtful (i.e. the "punkin" story, which many of you know).

Anyways, the engagement went like this:

On Saturday, November 17, 2007, our parents were meeting for the first time. We went to Stoney River in Cool Springs (a nice steak restaurant) for dinner. After we had finished dinner (and a bottle of Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon between my dad and me), Dusty came over and led me to the front of the table. I saw our server knelt down on the floor with a camera and thought "we must be taking a picture of the six of us - how cute!" By the time I turned back to him, he was down on his knee and had the ring box in his hand and said, "Will you marry me?" I was so shocked I immediately put my hands over my face (see pictures) and froze. I had never been so surprised in my life. Then, I said yes of course! It was beautiful!


This has to be my favorite picture from the night - check out my dad, Marvin, drinking his glass of wine. He was trying not to get "too emotional" - hilarious.










Needless to say, I was a very happy girl!

No comments: