Blogging about the bling...

So I blogged about the engagement before, but I've never gotten a chance to write about my rings!
My engagement ring is so perfect for me! It's classic, but has a few little unique touches to it. It's a Scott Kay design, and it has a 1.3 carat miner's cut diamond in a trellis setting. On each side (facing front and back) there are two tiny bezel set diamonds.
Here's a picture of it on some leaves in Central Park in NYC. :)
Since it's such a simple ring, I wanted my band to have a little bling on it while still being a classic style. I've always been attracted to the rings with alternating brilliant diamonds and baguettes.
One day last winter, Dusty and I went to see a custom jeweler in Green Hills (section of Nashville) from whom he had my engagement ring appraised.
His name is Jay Yontef - http://www.jyontef.com/index2.php - and he does some AMAZING stuff! He asked me what I was looking for in my band, and I told him about that particular style that I was drawn to. Now, he only keeps about 8-10 rings in his shop at all times as he makes most things custom for people. However, he happened to have one ring - that he'd had for about 2 years - that was EXACTLY what I was talking about. I tried it on with my engagement ring and it looked so perfect I didn't want to take it off. It was just waiting for me! It was brilliant diamonds, baguettes, platinum, and palladium - an alloy of platinum (I have to have platinum since I'm allergic to white gold, fyi).
A couple of weeks later, on Valentine's Day, Dusty surprised me by "giving" it to me. We still haven't had it sized, because I think I would wear it around! :)
We're still looking for the perfect ring for Dusty. He wants the simplest of simple weddings bands - just plain white gold (or palladium, since it's stronger AND less expensive than white gold).

No comments: