CAKE!

I don't know about you, but I love wedding cake. There's always something so special about it - it's never any ordinary cake!

Originally, I was going to use the pastry chef at The Sanderling - Kevin Wirt. He's amazing but, unfortunately, he recently got a job at the British Embassy in Washington, D. C. so he won't be able to bake for my wedding....

So, I'm using another fabulous baker, Melinda Gregory of Just Desserts in the Outer Banks. Check out her Web site: http://www.justdessertsobx.com/.

Our cake is going to be pretty much amazing. We're having the first layer vanilla cake with two layers of fresh strawberry mousse filling. The second layer will be rich chocolate cake with one layer of chocolate ganache and one layer of creamy peanut butter filling - Dusty's fave (he's slightly obsessed with Reese's cups, as is my maid of honor, Amy).

I know, I know, you're mouth is watering!

No comments: